Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?! Though I won't be partaking in my usual 10+ recipe cooking extravaganza (Aruba is calling my name), I will happily share my favorites that I have gathered over the years from colleagues and friends.
While this year may be a little different, hello social distancing due to Covid, I hope you find a way to enjoy the day the way you please and stress free (if possible!)
As an RD, this time of year can indeed be so stressful for many. Anxiety around food? Weight gain fears? Personally, I used to fear that I would overeat around the holidays myself, but with time, and the help of mindful eating, I learned that I CAN control how much I eat and what I choose to eat around the holidays. Yes, Thanksgiving IS a day with more food on the table than usual, but I know what my body likes and what it doesn't. I focus on filling my plate with protein and veg first, eating until I am about 50% full and then I save room for some of those more indulgent satisfying treats. If we listen to our bodies while also not depriving ourselves, I truly believe that food doesn't have to make us feel like crap during the holidays or ANYTIME! I hope that some of these recipes below help you feel great this holiday season and keep you motivated and excited for 2021!
PS if you have a favorite recipe or holiday recipe/food tradition please share :)
2. Walnut Baked Pears: https://brittanyjonesrd.com/2019/12/12/maple-walnut-baked-pears/
3. Roasted Cauliflower Potatoes: https://brittanyjonesrd.com/2018/11/15/roasted-garlic-and-chive-mashed-cauliflower-potatoes/
4. Cornbread Stuffing: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/pumpkin-cornbread-stuffing/
5. Brussels Sprouts Farro Salad: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/roasted-brussels-sprouts-farro-salad/
6. Sweet Potato Casserole: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/orange-pecan-mashed-sweet-potato-casserole/
7. Green Bean Casserole: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/healthy-green-bean-casserole-with-crunchy-onions/
8. Butternut squash Kale Salad: https://fitfoodiefinds.com/video-harvest-blackberry-butternut-squash-massaged-kale-salad/
9. Cardamom caramel Pear Upside Down Cake: https://paleomg.com/cardamom-caramel-pear-upside-down-cake/
10. Brownie Eggnog Pumpkin Pie: https://paleomg.com/brownie-eggnog-pumpkin-pie/